Monday 10 November 2014

Fall at Lancaster University's Duck Pond

Penat melayan weather dekat UK ni. Dalam rumah rasa sunny and warm, tapi bila keluar, ya Rabbi sejuknya. Last Thursday I had a proper second meeting with David - my supervisor and Alhamdullilah so far progress I got positive comments for the first couple months. Terus semangat balik rumah buat research and continue reading for hundreds of journals and articles for 3 days! Tapi, ada satu hari tu, bangun tidur rasa tak larat sangat. Mood membaca hilang kemana entah -- ke laut!

Apa lagi tempat yang Nysa tak explore lagi dekat Lancaster University? So, I Googled and I've found few interesting places in Lancaster University and one that caught my eye was Lancaster University Duck Pond! And I thought, "why not make it a bit of a day out kan?" So, I've asked my husband and my other three good friends --Hasifah, Shah and Jaja to join me discover the duck pond. Alaaa, jalan kaki just 10 minutes from my house. Tau tak berapa kali kami repeat Duck Pond ni dalam masa seminggu?

2 hari berturut-turut...hehehe sebabnya the day before our first visit to duck pond cuaca agak gloomy and the wind was really strong. It was freezing and then we ended up at the famous Wallings ice cream farm in the UK at Cockerham -- 20 minutes from Lancaster University. Dah la sejuk, sempat lagi ice cream session dekat sini. Sejuuuuukkkkk tapi gigihhhhh nak makan ice cream dekat Wallings!

The next day, we went to the Duck Pond again. This time kami bawa roti for the ducks -- yelah semalam pergi itik-itik ni tunggu je kami nak bagi makanan tapi hampa je. Kesian pulak!


British duckies! Here is Michael, James, Johnson, Rebecca, Christy, Sam, Angela, and too many names to mention here hehehehe. They are really kind but when it comes to bread thingy, they will chase you to their last breath! In the end all you can do is...runnnnnn! Save your feet!



Yeah...a picture is worth of a thousands words and memories --' Flying duck in front of my face! Not cool though. Thanks hubby for the picture. Uhuks! 

Yeah, here is the exact story, itik-itik ni still waiting we all feed them again and again and all over again. Roti dekat tangan, dalam handbag, poket semua dah habis. And then my friend came out with an idea of scaring them off and hoping that they will run away-- actually we wanted to have an experiment either they will fly or just run away when they are scared. Its a deal breaker! Hahahaha tapiiiiii end up, we screamed out loud because of flying duck towards us!




Our sweetheart in Lancaster - Akid Nael Kayyis. 7 months old, single but not available, big eyes, got Chinese-Korean look and hyperactive boy! 



Sayangnyaaaaaaaaaaaaa dekat si kecil ni. Adorable sangat. Penyejuk hati bila stress buat reading. 2hari tak jumpa rindu! Oppa kayyis! When can I have a child on my own? 




Feed the wild ducks with my phone -- wanted to get close to them. Some of them totally just ignored me --perhaps itik-itik ni tahu tu bukan roti kot hehehe. But I had so much fun even though just feeding the ducks. Tenang je rasa bila dapat keluar sebenarnya. Esok keluar lagi!





No comments:

Post a Comment