Thursday 18 June 2015

Ramadan Kareem!

Salam Ramadhan everyone! Happy fasting! I am so excited today -- it's Ramadhan month. Alhamdullilah I am so glad that I could be able to experience my first Ramadhan in summer. I didn't make any extra preparations for this Summer Ramadhan. Fasting for 20 hours during Summer need a lot of energy. Phew! I need to be extra cautious about my cooking tips because I need a good, nutrient-rich food that provide me and husband a lot of energy when we are fasting for long hours. I received a lot of tips from my parents, cousins, sister in law and mother in law about 'eat real food' for sahur.





  • Avoid drink tea and coffee for sahur.
"Both will dehydrate your body slowly over the course of the day. We need a lot of water in our body, so avoid it! Or if you really want to drink it, drink less ok. Drink a lot of plain water."

  •  Eat more dates.
"Rasullulah breaks his fast with dates and if he doesn't have dates, he breaks his fast with plain water". Water is a purifier and dates contains lots of important vitamins, rich in minerals, sugar, protein and some fat which supply a lot of energy into the body. 

  • Sleep at daytime for a couple hours.
"Ramadhan always associated with changes of lifestyle - daytime sleepiness. Ramadhan during Summer occurs influences the length of fasting and also affected our patterns of sleep when our Maghrib is at 10pm and Subuh at 2.30am (4 hours 30 mins only). I sleep for a couple hours at daytime because I want to stay up for sahur and Subuh, then I go back to sleep again and ready to go to the office. 




"Errr...what is she trying to do? Wann, are you sure with that posed?"


Allah knows the best!

Today, I masak sweet and sour fish, kailan ikan main and telur dadar.. Perut Melayu sangat! Looking forward for tomorrow!

Outfit for today:
Shawl : Naelofarhijab
Top : Kenneth Cole Reaction
Jeans : ZARA

No comments:

Post a Comment