Tuesday 6 January 2015

Dream starts at Edinburgh

Alhamdullilah...after few days of resting, laying down on my bed, day dreaming for the whole day, I finally can sit in front of computer and start my thesis writing. Well, who can write in such stress mood right? I can't...

After 4 hours got my head digesting all journals and references that I've read, and.... I need few minutes break -- blogging~ My New Year's stories at Edinburgh.

Scotland is famous with New Year celebrations and it's called Hogmanay. Well, basically Hogmanay is four-day-celebrations with concerts, fireworks, street party, amusement rides while enjoying live music, foods, souvenirs and of course, magnificent night views in Edinburgh! 


Hogmanay night..New Year's Eve (30th December 2014)... We just arrived in Edinburgh -- so tired. We walked from the tram station to Edinburgh city about 15 minutes -- all roads in town are closed. It was freezing cold! That night was -2 degrees if I'm not mistaken.




 Special thanks to Hazman for the awesome photos! 


The next day, we went to Arthur's Seat. I psyched myself out before the climb because of the weather and strong wind..but it is not bad after once you reach the top. The views of Edinburgh are simply breathtaking! It was nice to see the majestic stone architecture and the beauty of Scotland from here.

Lake filled with beautiful swans!





So, I climbed......the closer I approached the hill the colder the weather became. I am sure I looked like a total dork with my body fully wrapped but at least my body wasn't stinging so painfully. LOL!


The views became stunning the higher we climbed. 


Lawa kan??? Luckily this time the sky was gloomy. I wonder how the view looks like with the blue sky? Arghhhhh!!! 


Our path to the top! Don't ask about the weather -- strong cold wind. Huhuhuhuhu that's why I don't like traveling during winter. Alahai! 



Baby Kayyis, our teletubbies also climbed and conquer Arthur's Seat together with us! Poor baby -- red nose. It was so damn freezing cold! brrrrrrrrrr.....

Finally, the climb back down was much faster than expected and we needed to give our body some nourishment -- hot chocolate and fish and chips at Edinburgh town! Poor baby Kayyis, and my friends went back to cottage due to Kayyis' conditions. He caught fever after we climbed Arthur's Seat! And we celebrate our New Year without Kayyis, my grilfriend, Hasifah and Shah. 




Happy New Year 2015 everyone!!!!!



Edinburgh, I'll see u this Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment